Skip to main content

Such is Life

I haven't blogged in so long I forgot my password - that's when you know it's bad. Good thing I have 4 passwords that I cycle through and they're all my bike names and model numbers. Don't get excited -  I didn't tell you nothin'! I have 3 bikes with different names and number combinations and then my other passwords is the first triathlon I ever did and my race number. Good luck guessing my password ....not that you'd want to sign onto my blog account anyway.
Life in grad school is a lot more hectic than I thought it would be - I think in the beginning I was floatin' down  de Nile (denial...for those who aren't as punny as I).

Days look something like this:

6:00 am wake up
7:30 am leave for school
5:30-7:30 pm get home
Run
Homework
Sleep
Repeat

Thrilling, eh? I manage to squeeze in fun things like triathlons and marathons and going to SLC on the weekends but all in all I always have school work lingering in the back of my mind. Only a year and a half left until I graduate! And see if I work full-time.
HA!
I'm thinking early retirement at 30 - just when my endurance peaks and I can go live my lifelong dream of doing nothing but age-group racing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend

As promised, here's a blog about my weekend - I know you've been sitting on the edge of your rolly computer chair waiting for it with bated breath. Friday after my guitar class, which went not-so-fabulously, as per usual, Chris and I had a little adventure to Harpoon Brewery where we met up with my ever beloved (and apparently much talked about) bff Dave. It took us a little adventuring and a little guessing to get there but we made it there and home with lots of "I have a hunch this is the way to go"-ing. It convinced me fully that we'd be great on a European back-packing trip together. We don't fight, we don't argue, we don't get frustrated, we just laugh and follow our gut. Which led us to beer! Isn't that what Germany is all about?  Anyway, Harpoon was awesome. You just go, hear about beer, and drink all you want. I picked up a growler of the cider - highly recommended. We literally guessed what bus to get on to get home and turns out it led...

Stop Shoulding all over yourself

Yesterday I went on Cor Jesu's Vivare "young alumni" retreat. My friend from high school Katie posted it on my wall a few weeks ago and tagged a couple other CJ sisters to the post and it struck my interest. I haven't done a single thing with CJ since I graduated and somewhere between moving to Boston and joining the triathlon team my Catholic past was put on the backburner. I figured I had nothing to lose except a Saturday and at the very least I'd get to hang out with my friends so I signed up and sent in my $25 without much thought.  I've never been the most devout Catholic. Most times in church I'm scanning the crowd for familiar faces, zoning out, and making Target lists- and that's if I go at all. Sunday is usually run-day...or ski day. Or sleep in day. Or study day. Or vacuum day. Whatever day it is...it's rarely church day. Despite being raised by two Catholic parents, going to a Catholic grade school and a Catholic high school, going o...

Running Playlist

Christmas break consisted of nothing but running, riding to the grocery store on my beach cruiser, reading trashy magazines on the beach, drinking more margaritas than I care to admit, and eating an entire Gulf of Mexico worth of seafood. It was 3 weeks of sunshine bliss in southern Florida but now it's back to Utah - with a huge slap in the face from the frigid -15 degree wind. I spent the first 3 days shivering uncontrollably and coughing from something Utahns call "inversion".  The first thing I did was hit the slopes skiing with a Snowbasin ski pass and new ski boots. Turns out this Missouri girl sucks at powder skiing....who knew!? My ski trip to Co when I was 10 didn't give me quite the base I need for serious skiing, so I fly down the half the slope with reckless abandon until I make an ass of myself by tumbling the other half. Whatever...with my new ski coat and boots I look damn good doing it. And with my endurance sport background I can fall down the s...