Skip to main content

Updates!

Oh man blog readers I'm sorry I've neglected you the past two weeks! So many updates!

First and foremost:
I chose Utah State University for grad school and accepted their offer of an emphasis in Listening and Spoken Language! Not just because of the massive amount of tuition help/stipend/job opportunities, but because I'd get to work with adorable little kids and it's actually really interesting. And I have an audiologist at my fingertips to call for help! Yay siblings! I love ears! Especially widdle kid ones - so cute. Anyway. It's a really great program, I'm already in love with the professors there and have been talking on the phone/e-mailing constantly with them (most helpful/sweet people on the face of the planet), and googling Utah like a madwoman.
Some pictures of my new campus...not gonna lie, I'm kind of digging the change from the Boston skyline:




Mountain's majesty indeed.

Secondly:
That means in exactly 1 month and 2 weeks I'll be moving 3,000 miles across the country. Exactly 21 hours from Saint Louis in the opposite direction. Funny...I moved 21 hours east, now I'm moving 21 hours west. Next up: 21 hours north. HELLO, CANADA! Just kidding, eh?

Thirdly:
There might be another big change coming soon but I don't want to jinx it. If it happens...be assured it'll be the center of my blogging.

Fourthly:
COLLEGIATE NATIONALS IN ONE WEEK!!!! Have I trained enough? Am I ready? Should I stop eating so many cookies? I don't know! But I'm excited!

And of course it's sunny and gorgeous and there's no wind and it'd be perfect running/biking weather but I'm off to my internship until tonight. Nuts.

Love,
me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend

As promised, here's a blog about my weekend - I know you've been sitting on the edge of your rolly computer chair waiting for it with bated breath. Friday after my guitar class, which went not-so-fabulously, as per usual, Chris and I had a little adventure to Harpoon Brewery where we met up with my ever beloved (and apparently much talked about) bff Dave. It took us a little adventuring and a little guessing to get there but we made it there and home with lots of "I have a hunch this is the way to go"-ing. It convinced me fully that we'd be great on a European back-packing trip together. We don't fight, we don't argue, we don't get frustrated, we just laugh and follow our gut. Which led us to beer! Isn't that what Germany is all about?  Anyway, Harpoon was awesome. You just go, hear about beer, and drink all you want. I picked up a growler of the cider - highly recommended. We literally guessed what bus to get on to get home and turns out it led...

Stop Shoulding all over yourself

Yesterday I went on Cor Jesu's Vivare "young alumni" retreat. My friend from high school Katie posted it on my wall a few weeks ago and tagged a couple other CJ sisters to the post and it struck my interest. I haven't done a single thing with CJ since I graduated and somewhere between moving to Boston and joining the triathlon team my Catholic past was put on the backburner. I figured I had nothing to lose except a Saturday and at the very least I'd get to hang out with my friends so I signed up and sent in my $25 without much thought.  I've never been the most devout Catholic. Most times in church I'm scanning the crowd for familiar faces, zoning out, and making Target lists- and that's if I go at all. Sunday is usually run-day...or ski day. Or sleep in day. Or study day. Or vacuum day. Whatever day it is...it's rarely church day. Despite being raised by two Catholic parents, going to a Catholic grade school and a Catholic high school, going o...

Running Playlist

Christmas break consisted of nothing but running, riding to the grocery store on my beach cruiser, reading trashy magazines on the beach, drinking more margaritas than I care to admit, and eating an entire Gulf of Mexico worth of seafood. It was 3 weeks of sunshine bliss in southern Florida but now it's back to Utah - with a huge slap in the face from the frigid -15 degree wind. I spent the first 3 days shivering uncontrollably and coughing from something Utahns call "inversion".  The first thing I did was hit the slopes skiing with a Snowbasin ski pass and new ski boots. Turns out this Missouri girl sucks at powder skiing....who knew!? My ski trip to Co when I was 10 didn't give me quite the base I need for serious skiing, so I fly down the half the slope with reckless abandon until I make an ass of myself by tumbling the other half. Whatever...with my new ski coat and boots I look damn good doing it. And with my endurance sport background I can fall down the s...