Skip to main content

To Do

I'm writing my to-do list in my blog to hold myself accountable. Usually I meticulously write them out on post-its and stick them all over my desk...but I've started to include stuff I've already done purely for the satisfaction of crossing it off...so they've turned pretty useless. I think it's a side effect of senior-itis (Still raging, still no cure).

SO HERE WE GO:
1. Finish math homework (I still call it math homework. Speech pathology does not require math with fancy titles such as "Complex Variables and Applications" or "Differential Equations" or "Biostatistics" Math is math, stop trying to make it more than it is, people. I believe in addition, subtraction, and TI-84+ Silver Edition calculators.)
2. Completely pack up Mister Mac. -- For those of you who don't know..Mister Mac is my beloved Specialized Tarmac. He needs to be in a bike box, safe and sound by 4:30 tomorrow
3. Write a pack list ....Yes, I do indeed make lists for my lists. And appointments to make appointments. And blogs to remind myself about stuff I want to blog.
4. Pack my nationals bag using my pack list
5. RUN (this should be number 1)
6. Rest my legs - 2 days straight with 12+ hours standing and then working again today was no good for my quads. I'm thinking some nice RICE (Rest, ice, compression, elevation)

And that should be that. If I do all that I should be good to go for nationals...at least until tomorrow night when I bound out of bed at 1 in the morning, finally thinking of all I forgot to remember.

-Me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend

As promised, here's a blog about my weekend - I know you've been sitting on the edge of your rolly computer chair waiting for it with bated breath. Friday after my guitar class, which went not-so-fabulously, as per usual, Chris and I had a little adventure to Harpoon Brewery where we met up with my ever beloved (and apparently much talked about) bff Dave. It took us a little adventuring and a little guessing to get there but we made it there and home with lots of "I have a hunch this is the way to go"-ing. It convinced me fully that we'd be great on a European back-packing trip together. We don't fight, we don't argue, we don't get frustrated, we just laugh and follow our gut. Which led us to beer! Isn't that what Germany is all about?  Anyway, Harpoon was awesome. You just go, hear about beer, and drink all you want. I picked up a growler of the cider - highly recommended. We literally guessed what bus to get on to get home and turns out it led...

Stop Shoulding all over yourself

Yesterday I went on Cor Jesu's Vivare "young alumni" retreat. My friend from high school Katie posted it on my wall a few weeks ago and tagged a couple other CJ sisters to the post and it struck my interest. I haven't done a single thing with CJ since I graduated and somewhere between moving to Boston and joining the triathlon team my Catholic past was put on the backburner. I figured I had nothing to lose except a Saturday and at the very least I'd get to hang out with my friends so I signed up and sent in my $25 without much thought.  I've never been the most devout Catholic. Most times in church I'm scanning the crowd for familiar faces, zoning out, and making Target lists- and that's if I go at all. Sunday is usually run-day...or ski day. Or sleep in day. Or study day. Or vacuum day. Whatever day it is...it's rarely church day. Despite being raised by two Catholic parents, going to a Catholic grade school and a Catholic high school, going o...

Running Playlist

Christmas break consisted of nothing but running, riding to the grocery store on my beach cruiser, reading trashy magazines on the beach, drinking more margaritas than I care to admit, and eating an entire Gulf of Mexico worth of seafood. It was 3 weeks of sunshine bliss in southern Florida but now it's back to Utah - with a huge slap in the face from the frigid -15 degree wind. I spent the first 3 days shivering uncontrollably and coughing from something Utahns call "inversion".  The first thing I did was hit the slopes skiing with a Snowbasin ski pass and new ski boots. Turns out this Missouri girl sucks at powder skiing....who knew!? My ski trip to Co when I was 10 didn't give me quite the base I need for serious skiing, so I fly down the half the slope with reckless abandon until I make an ass of myself by tumbling the other half. Whatever...with my new ski coat and boots I look damn good doing it. And with my endurance sport background I can fall down the s...